In addition to the Pizzagaina, the Easter menu also included lamb steak, garlic broccolini, and some delicious potatoes.
Herb Scalloped Potatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 Tablespoon minced fresh chives
2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
1 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, chopped thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the garlic and onion are slightly golden, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook until mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, chives, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Arrange the onions on the bottom of a casserole dish.
4. Evenly layer one-third of the potatoes over the onions. Sprinkle with one third of the crumb mixture and one third of the cheese. Repeat twice more and pour remaining crumbs and cheese on top.
5. Pour the broth and cream on top. Place dabs of butter all over top.
6. Cook in the oven and bake until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp on top, about 45 minutes. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.